Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out

School is officially out for the year. No teacher or student would ever have the audacity to tell you they were sorry for this event, but this has been a good year. My students this year were overall a good group.

Z is with his sitter today so I can have one day to sleep late and relax before it’s Z and momma time all summer. I decided to use it to go to the movie and see Angels and Demons. It was fair. I might have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t reread the book again so recently. There were several changes from the book, which I’m generally cool with as long as the changes make sense and don’t eliminate key elements of the story. *cough*HarryPotter*cough*

As for Z, he’ll be going to his wonderful Ms. T. for a few hours two or three days a week. It’s mostly because we don’t want to have him have to go through the “trauma” of starting over with his sitter in August. Tomorrow, however, we will be going to our first “Baby Time” of summer reading at the library where my SO works.

Whining


I have finally had to give in. Eleven years ago I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. I’ve never regretted it and the doctor said I’d have to have the right hand done eventually. Being right handed, teaching and writing for a living, I put it off. And off. And off.

No more. I’m having to wear the brace day and night. It makes writing nearly impossible. I don’t like the idea of surgery. Still, my right hand has gotten to the point where it is numb/sore more than 70% and I can’t work on the computer for more than a few minutes at a time even with the brace.

So, I finally broke down and made the doctor’s appointment. You see, I moved after having the first one done or probably would have had this one done sooner. But so much can go wrong, and I’ve seen a lot of people who have had the surgery and had horror stories. I couldn’t have been happier with my original doctor.

I have to admit, I checked out the website for the Dr. and wow. Major cutie. Needless to say, the SO has decided to accompany me on the trip. Spoil-sport.

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Ah, Ms. Wimp... house hunk had both hands done at one time. Needless to say he was in my POWER! Heh.

No one should have to suffer like that. Go have it taken care of NOW!

Molly Daniels said...

Get thee to the cute dr NOW! I want more Jae/Elyssa books on my TBB list!

And give Z a hug from me:)