Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One More Day!

Tomorrow will be release day for my second book, Measure of Healing from Cerridwen Press. As much as I love my first book, Access Denied, and as much as James and Leah are a huge part of me and incredibly special to me (I'll probably always be more than a little in love with James); this second book is hugely important.

Measure of Healing marks the first book in a world I began creating four years ago. I'd not read a paranormal romance at that point and honestly didn't know they existed. I'd never seen or heard of people like Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurel K. Hamilton, Christine Feehan, Susan Krinard and the countless other brilliant paranormalists. I didn't know there was such a thing as a paranormal romance, but I was writing one. I wrote a fanfiction story four years ago where I took a minor character from a series of books and put him in my own little world.

From that grew a world my characters call Semira. They call themselves the Children of Semira, or Semiraht. In their language it literally means "heaven." My Were creatures came to this place seeking peace from the wars and violence of a home realm they call Gehenna. The theologically literate know this word means "hell". So my shifters came to this world looking for a place to call home, a Garden of Eden in which they would be safe. When a disaster forces them to tie themselves to the lifeforms of this realm in order to avoid being sent back to Gehenna, they become Weres. And their natures, their way of life and their identity changes forever.

Measure of Healing is the first story set in this world and focuses on the Cougars. February 8th will mark the release of another book, released as Elyssa Edwards by Ellora's Cave, that also deals with Children of Semira. (You might say Elyssa and I share the same imagination and often the same brain.) Mating Stone, and it's sequel Lovers' Stone due in July, follows a family of Bears. I'm currently working on another book that will finally look at our favorite of Werelings, Wolves.

So if you're in the mood for a bit of paranormal romance with a powerful brooding male and a quick witted, strong heroine, slide on over to Cerridwen Press tomorrow and check out Measure of Healing.

Jae

1 comment:

Bronwyn Green said...

Yay JAE!!!

Congrats on your release tomorrow. May you and Elyssa both sell scads of books and get lots of happy reader mail!!! :)